1. To undertake the monitoring, investigation and prosecution of all crimes involving economic sabotage and other crimes of such magnitude and extent as to indicate their commission by highly-placed professional syndicates or organizations; and,
2. To investigate all major cases involving violation of the Revised Penal Code (RPC) and to conduct operations against organized crime groups (OCGs), unless the president assigns the case exclusively to the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) The CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION AND DETECTION GROUP is committed to a vision of a dynamic, responsible and well-equipped primary investigative arm manned by the best qualified and highly-motivated professionals in search of truth and justice.
Functions: 1. Monitors, investigates and prosecutes all crime involving economic sabotage like bank frauds, large scale smuggling, estafa, dollar salting, hoarding, profiteering and other crimes of such magnitude and extent as to indicate their commission by highly placed or Professional syndicates and organizations.
2. Investigates all major cases involving violation of the Revised Penal Code
3. Conducts operations against notorious wanted persons and organized crime group particularly those engaged in armed robbery, kidnapping-for-ransom, gun-for-hire and illegal possession and trafficking of firearms and explosives.
4. Provide direct support to the PNP field units in the investigation and solution of major crimes especially those requiring specialized investigative techniques and intensive follow-up.
5. Investigates cases involving violations of Special Laws, which are expressly assigned to the group such as Anti-Graft and Corrupt Practices, Illegal Recruitment and Illegal Possession/Trafficking of Firearms and Explosives.
6. Assist in the prosecution of cases investigated by the group and in the crime prevention effort of the PNP Field Units.
7. Identifies documents and investigates the atrocities committed by the CPP/NPA/NDF and file criminal cases with the Civil Courts and Commission on Human Rights
8. Performs such other functions as the higher authorities may direct.
Back to Top
The PNP Chaplain Service aims to spearhead the building-up of a God-Centered PNP by providing adequate, relevant, dynamic and integrated religious ministry in support of the over-all mission of the PNP.
The PNP Chaplain Service Envisions itself as the lead agency in the Spiritual and Moral Renewal of the PNP.
For a consistent religious expression and moral growth to PNP personnel and their families, the Chaplain Service pursues its integrated pastoral program through:
· Worship and Religious Services;
· Pastoral Care and Ministration;
· Religious, Moral and Values Education;
· Guidance Counselling Service;
· Social and Cultural Leadership
“To provide quality, efficient, and effective legal services to the Philippine National Police (PNP) and assistance to its members”
1. Serves as legal counsel of the PNP and, in coordination with the OSG, provides legal service to the PNP in actions filed before the courts, quasi-judicial and administrative bodies.
2. Adjudicates claims for retirement and/or separation benefits for uniformed and non-uniformed PNP personnel;
3. Studies contracts affecting the PNP and submits appropriate recommendations pertaining thereto;
4. Renders legal opinions on matters arising from the administration and operation of the Philippine National Police;
5. Provide legal assistance and advice to the PNP personnel;
6. Perform such other functions and duties as may be required by law or competent authorities or as may be directed by the Chief, PNP.
Back to Top
Communications and Electronic Service
To provide communications and electronics services and support necessary in the accomplishment of PNP tasks.
“The personnel of the PNPCES are committed to the vision of the professional, dynamic and motivated COMMEL Service delivering quality Communications and Electronics services which sensitive to the needs of the PNP towards the realization of its vision”
- Install, operate and maintain communications and electronics systems in support of PNP-wide activities, including coordination, command and control, communications security, & service support;
- Provide direct support to all operations of the PNP;
- Provide fixed communications facilities to PNP offices, units & stations;
- Provide technical support over communications & electronics facilities of the PNP provincial offices, police stations & PNP support units;
- Provide training on electronics & communications to PNP personnel;
- Acquire communications equipment, supplies & materials; and
- To perform other tasks as directed.
Back to Top
Internal Affairs Service
To ensure for the Nation the evolvement of a well discipline, effective, efficient and service-oriented Philippine National Police.
We envision the Internal Affair Service (IAS) to be a truly independent and impartial body, manned by God-Centered and Professional personnel with the end in view of sustaining PNP professionalism by instilling police discipline, enhancing delivery of police services and dispensing justice for the people to whom the Philippine National Police is mandated to serve and protect.
Powers and Functions
The Internal Affairs Service (IAS), although a part of the PNP has attribute of an independent and autonomous unit which empowers it to act on matters which its jurisdiction without having to wait for instructions from the Chief, PNP. Pursuant to Section 39, Republic Act 8551, such powers are:
a.) Pro-actively (on its own accord; motu proprio / automatically conduct inspection and audit of PNP personnel and units;
b.) Investigate complaints and gather evidence in support of an open investigation;
c.) Conduct summary hearing on PNP member facing administrative charges;
d.) Submit a periodic report on the assessment, analysis and evaluation of the character and behaviour of PNP personnel and units to the Chief, PNP and the Commission;
e.) File appropriate criminal cases against PNP member before the court as evidence warrants and assist in the presentation of the case;
f.) Provide assistance to the Office of the Ombudsman in cases involving the personnel of the PNP;
The Internal Affairs Service (IAS) also conducts motu proprio, automatically investigation of the following cases:
1.) Incidents where a police personnel discharges a firearm;
2.) Incidents where a death, serious physical injury or any violation of human rights occurred in the conduct of Police Operation;
3.) Incidents where evidence was compromised, tampered with, obliterated or lost while in the custody of police personnel;
4.) Incidents where a suspect in the custody of the Police was seriously injured; and
5.) Incidents where the established rules of engagement have been violated.
Finally, the IAS shall provide documents or recommendation as regards to the promotion of the members of the PNP or the assignment of the PNP personnel to any key position.
THREE MAJOR FUNCTIONS OF THE IAS, NAMELY:
1. Investigate and Adjudication of cases
2. Inspection and Audit
3. Records Management
Back to Top
To provide scientific investigation services and other technical support to the Philippine National Police offices and other agencies through field work, Scene of the Crime Operations, Forensic Laboratory Services, Criminalistics Training and Service.
The Men and Women of the PNP Crime Laboratory are committed to the vision of a professional, dynamic and motivated Forensic Service providing quality scientific investigation and working in partnership with the responsive pillars of the criminal justice system towards the attainment of equality and justice.
1. Conduct forensic Examination of all physical evidence
a. Medico-Legal Examination
b. Chemistry Examination
c. Physical Identification and Examination
d. Fingerprint Examination and Identification
e. Firearms Examination and Identification
f. Document Examination and Analysis
g. Forensic Photography / Composite Criminal Illustration
h. Polygraphy or Lie Detector Test
i. DNA Examination
2. Provides Scene of the Crime Operations
3. Provides expert testimony in court
4. Conducts Forensic Research and CriminalisticS Training
5. Provides other related functions as directed by Higher Headquarters.Back to Top